Registering with this site gives you the ability to post to site forums and post comments and is not required for any other site features.

By posting to this forum, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Minimize

Forums

Medicare
Last Post 12 Feb 2019 12:14 AM by Laxmi123. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Please login or register to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

--
22 Jul 2013 08:25 AM
    Medicare is a health insurance program for people age 65 and older. People under 65 may
    qualify for Medicare if they have certain disabilities, permanent kidney failure, or Lou Gehrig’s
    disease. Medicare has four parts (A,B, C, and D) that cover various health care services, such as inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing home care, doctors’ services, and prescription drugs. Enrollment into parts A and B are done at Social Security, an in parts C or D with Medicare. Late enrollment penalties apply to parts B and D if eligible persons do not enroll in these parts when first eligible.

Medicare can also work in coordination with other health insurance such as retirement insurance, group health insurance, and Tricare for Life for military retirees. Some low-income Medicare beneficiaries are also eligible for Medicaid (AHCCCS in Arizona), which can also coordinate coverage with Medicare and provide a secondary payer for benefits.

Low income beneficiaries may be eligible for two different cost saving programs offered by Medicare or Medicaid. The Extra Help program can help beneficiaries save money on prescription drug costs. The Medicare Savings program can help to pay Medicare premiums and deductibles that beneficiaries would be subject to pay otherwise.

There are many resources for assistance:

• Local State Health Insurance Programs (SHIPs) mandated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that exist across America, with toll free numbers indicated on the back page of Medicare and You
    • Medicare and You is Medicare’s annual guide to all of the benefits, and is mailed every September to all beneficiaries
    • 1-800-MEDICARE is a 24 hour/day and 7 day/ week Medicare information number
    • www.medicare.gov
    • www.socialsecurity.gov

--
    26 Jul 2013 04:17 PM
    Very informative description of Medicare.

--
    02 Nov 2017 01:40 AM
    A type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare to provide you with all your Part A and Part B benefits. Medicare Advantage Plans include Health Maintenance Organizations, Preferred Provider Organizations, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Special Needs Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans. If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, most Medicare services are covered through the plan and aren’t paid for under Original Medicare. Most Medicare Advantage Plans offer prescription drug coverage. Refer https://supremeessaywritingservice.com/ for more info.

--
    14 Mar 2018 09:41 AM
    Tell me the process if i am under 60 in detail , i am basically content writer at [url=https://www.paperwritingpro.com/]paperwritingpro[/url] and whole day i have to sit on chair which suffer me allot, i am suffered from obesity and few more disease , which i tell you after i know the process.

--
    12 Feb 2019 12:14 AM
    Hello "Glen Spencer" sir your sharing about Medicare information is very cleared and easily understandable,thanks for sharing such a nice content about "Medicare" insuring process..................

https://www.certvalue.com/iso-27001-certification-in-chennai/
    Please login or register to post a reply.

About Us

The Greater Phoenix Age-Friendly Network is a partnership hosted by the Maricopa Association of Governments, a regional planning agency serving the Greater Phoenix area. We are committed to ensuring every person can live a fulfilled life at any age, connected to family, friends, and community.

Contact Us

Maricopa Association of Governments
    302 North 1st Avenue, suite 300
    Phoenix, Arizona  85003

Phone: 602-452-5074
    Fax: 602-254-6490
    Web: www.azmag.gov
    Email: mag@azmag.gov

Copyright 2019 by Maricopa Association of Governments Terms Of Use Privacy Statement